Religious Education/Youth Ministry Staff
Mary Maguire, Director of Religious Education
Eileen Smith, Administrative Assistant
Jenny Hustedt, firstname.lastname@example.org, Middle School and Confirmation Coordinator
Rhonda Richeson, Sunday School and VBS Coordinator
Laura Bogue, Youth Ministry
Mary Masek, Office Staff
R.E. Staff, May 2013 (l. to r.- Laura Bogue, Deborah Sheehy, Rhonda Richeson, Eileen Smith, Mary Maguire and Mary Masek)
The mission of the St. Stephen the Martyr Religious Education program is to build a foundation of faith, in partnership with parents, from which our children and families will grow in their knowledge of God and the Roman Catholic Church.
- Message/Word: guiding families toward a deeper personal understanding of our Catholic faith by teaching Jesus’ message of love through Scripture, Tradition and History of the Catholic Church.
- Worship/Prayer: assisting families with spiritual development and prayer by providing a variety of communal prayer and worship experiences that involve people in the sacramental life of the church.
- Family: creating a partnership where all family members feel comfortable sharing their time, talents, and faith.
- Community: nurturing meaningful relationships between families, the parish, and the public and encouraging everyone to take responsibility as leaders in parish and community-wide programs.
- Service and Justice: empowering families to work for social justice by addressing human suffering, serving those in need, pursuing peace, and defending the life and dignity of all people.