St. Stephen the Martyr School is committed to promoting academic excellence, leading students in developing their God-given talents, and challenging these students to live the teachings of Jesus Christ as revealed through the Roman Catholic Church.
St. Stephen the Martyr School is AdvancED Accredited
Established as a school goal for the past four years under the direction of our pastor and school administration, and due to the generous support of our parish/school community, St. Stephen the Martyr School is recognized by the Nebraska Department of Education as a distinguished AdvancED Accredited elementary school. AdvancEd is a global leader in providing continuous improvement and accreditation services to over 32,000 institutions serving 20 million students worldwide. AdvancED is the largest community of education professionals in the world. It is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that conducts rigorous, on-site external reviews of PreK-12 schools and school systems to ensure that all learners realize their full potential. The AdvancED goal isn’t to certify that schools are good enough. Rather, the commitment is to help schools improve.
Findings by the External Review Team in 2015
After conducting 103 interviews and completing 25 classroom observations the External Review Team concluded:
- Stephen the Martyr School has a strong sense of community.
- There is an overall feeling that the whole child is prepared not just for secondary education but for life in general.
- Continuous improvement will focus on professional development planning based on targeted needs of the learner.
- There is deep dedication for doing what is best for every child.
Although St. Stephen the Martyr has earned the distinction of accreditation by AdvancED for a five-year term, the goal of continuous school improvement remains a driving force in our efforts to provide excellence in Catholic education for our students.
The philosophy of Catholic education takes into consideration the total personality of the student in the imparting of knowledge. There is unity of purpose springing from the students oneness. The school is responsible for contributing to the total development of each student in terms of his origin, nature, and destiny. St Stephen the Martyr School exists as a unit of the Mystical Body of Christ and as an institution of society. As such, its function is two-fold. First, it strives always to help the student grow in Christian love of God and all creatures, and secondly, it helps students in their search to find their full human potential. In order to obtain these goals we will:
- Encourage a love and devotion to God by means of frequent use of the Sacraments and other liturgical services.
- Promote the Christian view of all persons as children of God and thus worthy of our love, respect and help.
- Assert the necessity of proper use and care of all God’s creatures.
- Promote honesty to oneself and peers.
- Maximize individual development.
- Achieve proficiency in basic skills.
- Develop intellectual capacities to think, solve problems, and synthesize information.
- Promote an understanding of the role and importance of a moral citizen.
- School Staff
- Sycamore Education (Student Progress)
- FASTTMATH (student login)
- Home and School
- School Calendar
- School Registration
- Martyr Messenger
- School Handbook
- School Lunch
- School Musical
- School Supply List
- School Uniforms
- Circle of Grace
- Scholastic Book Fair (when active)