Bits & Pieces
May 5, 2017
Rosary Prayed before 10:30 and 12:00 & 6:00 Masses this week-end-World Day of Prayer for Vocations.
Parish Festival Planning
Dn. Ernie would like to meet with anyone interested in volunteering or heading up an area of activity. May 16, 7:00 p.m. in the GPC. Many hands make light work!
From the Liturgy Office
Liturgical “vacation” requests for June through October are now being accepted. If you are no longer interested in assisting, please let us know. And it’s also a good time to switch to a different Mass time if your family’s week-end schedule has changed. Please have all vacation requests in by May 11. Please e-mail Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402-861-4537.
OMAHA GIVES, Wednesday, May 24
- What?…an annual one-day fundraising event organized by the Omaha Community Foundation. St Stephen the Martyr Parish and School will be participating. It is a community-wide event to show off the area’s spirit of giving, raise awareness about local non-profits and celebrate the collective effort it takes to make our city great. St. Stephen’s has an “Omaha Gives!” website—OMAHAGIVES.ORG
- You may schedule your gift now if you wish for processing on May 24.
- How? Go to https://www.omahagives24.org Click on “non-profits. In the Name, Keyboard box, type “St. Stephen the Martyr,” then hit “enter.” Click on the St. Stephen the Martyr logo.
- Goal? Our SSM goal is $50,000.
- Purpose? BATHROOMS! We are raising these funds to upgrade and remodel the bathrooms. We will start with the north hallway bathrooms first and then move to the dining room bathrooms.
Rest in Peace!
A Funeral Mass will be offered here at SSM on Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. for Donald “Skip” Hempel. He is survived by wife Joanne Grasso Weidler Hempel and children/step-children. There will be a luncheon here right after the Mass.
Pilgrim Virgin Statue with Devotions
One of several stops in the Omaha area includes St. Stephen the Martyr Parish on May 28 from 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. See the current Catholic Voice for more news about this visitation.
Fr. Jim Tiegs, Pastor