“For where two or more are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” Matthew 18:20
The Pastoral Council of St. Stephen the Martyr Parish acts as a consultative board advising and supporting the pastor of this Roman Catholic Community, under the authority of the Archbishop of Omaha, which proclaims Jesus Christ in liturgy, evangelization, ministry, and the stewardship of our resources of time, talent and treasure.
Click here to download a Bio sheet if you intend to run for membership on this board.
The Pastoral Council is elected by the parishioners (appointed by the Pastor). The council meets on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. The Pastoral Council acts as a consultative Board advising and supporting the vision of the pastor in the making of policy relative to the spiritual well‐being of the parish. This Council has oversight responsibilities to the other boards and councils of the parish.
Other responsibilities include:
- Attend monthly meetings as per number assigned during the fiscal year.
- Providing consultation to the pastor on matters of pastoral planning and policy
- Promoting the mission of the parish
- Engaging in pastoral planning through developing parish goals and furthering their implementation
- Attending to prayer and continuing education necessary for Council action
- Listening and representing the wisdom of the many perspectives present in the parish community
- Taking responsibility for ongoing renewal of parish life and calling forth the gifts of individuals and groups in the faith community
- Cooperating with other parishes and the Archdiocese in the fulfillment of the broader mission of the Church
- Promoting parish outreach opportunities for involvement and investment.
- Participate in and assist with parish Special Events, annual Parish Mission and Divine Mercy Sunday
- Requirement for Council Members – practicing Catholics who are registered parishioners who attend mass at St. Stephen the Martyr, volunteer, and are regular and consistent with their Sunday Stewardship
Pastoral Council Members
Email Contact: email@example.com
Pastoral Council Minutes
Council minutes can be accessed by clicking here.